Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bye Bye October - I'll Miss You

What a great month it has been!  My mom has been visiting me from North Carolina and we've had such a great time.  Lots of shopping and lunches and of course with Mom in the house, lots of goodies.  Tonight it was pumpkin spice cookies with cream cheese frosting.  Yum, disappointed that I only had room for one, but I'll make up for it tomorrow!

The Birdsboro show finished up last Monday.  I would have loved to attended the artist reception the previous Friday night, but unfortunately Birdsboro, PA is about an hour and half away from my home.  Since I had to make the drive Wednesday to deliver my pieces and then pick up on Tuesday, I decided against making the drive again.  Sometimes those long, winding country roads are just to long and winding!  But what a wonderful selection of artistic mediums and artists!  Just amazing, so much talent under one roof!

My next show isn't until December 5.  I'll be at the 20th Annual Country Christmas at Avon Grove Intermediate School.  Last year over 100 crafters, food vendors and businesses participated.  I had contemplated trying to do a show in November but decided against it.  My inventory is low and I'm anxious to get back to my torch since I've been away from it for a few weeks. I'm going to focus on creating lots of beads and baubles and goodies for my Etsy shop and holiday gifts!

Since I'm still so new to the selling game, I'm always delighted and surprised when my work sells.  I hope that thrill never goes away.  That rush of excitement that "someone" has actually bought something.  I love picking out a special "thank you" surprise to include and enclosing a thank you card.  Then off to the post office to mail it out as quick as I can.  It brings back childhood memories of Christmas morning and all the excitement and anticipation that came with it.

Speaking of excitement and anticipation, last Saturday my Etsy shop www.goodhopcreation.etsy.com was the featured shop on the Top Treasury Team.  What a wonderful team to be a part of, so many supportive members.  Views, likes, favorites and circles all day long, not to mention FOUR sales.  My thanks to everyone that made that happen.  Here's the link http://www.etsy.com/teams/10548/top-treasury/discuss/9167663/page/1

No comments:

Post a Comment